Hope Church Has Reopened:
Hope Church is open for public worship this Sunday at the usual time of 10:30 am.
What follows is an outline of the steps taken to facilitate a safe response to Phase One of Florida’s reopening. But in the first place we want to state our profound gratitude to God. For the situation in Hillsborough allows us to reopen when many other parts of the world will continue in lockdown for some time. We are also grateful to the congregation for continuing to support the work of the church since we suspended public worship and went online. We also owe a debt of thanks to our technical team that have facilitated the livestreaming and recording of services. We are continuing to worship along two parallel tracks: Livestreaming will continue at the same time as restarting public worship.
Who can come? In line with government guidelines, 25% capacity of our building means around 75-80 people can safely attend. Who shouldn’t come? We would ask that anybody with underlying health conditions, or those who are elderly and anybody exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 such as a high temperature, fever or persistent cough to not attend in person but to worship with us online. What steps have we taken in preparation for Public Worship? The building has been thoroughly cleaned and will continue to be every week. If any extra meetings are held on our premises then it will be cleaned afterwards every time. So the building will be clean before and after the service including the wiping down of door handles, water fountains, taps etc. Hand sanitizers are installed at both doors and we would ask you to use them in the way in and out.
What will we do on Sunday mornings?
- Entrance will be through the right hand doors and we will exit out the left hand doors both in the foyer and front doors. We will be asking people not to gather at the entrance nor in the foyer but to go straight into the auditorium.
- An Usher will guide you to your seats. You will be seated six feet away
from other congregants.
- The Collection will be by the box at the inside of the sanctuary doors so no plate will be passed around.
- There will be no food or coffee, please bring a beverage if you want to.
- There will be no printed bulletin.
- There will be no meet and greet section in the service.
- There will be no provision of child-care so we ask that parents have their children sit with them through the service. This makes hygiene issues easier, it doesn’t put pressure on older volunteers to feel they have to attend and it will give greater peace of mind to parents, as they will know where their children are at all times. Tables are set up at the back of the auditorium for families to sit at and have paper and pens for the children. Please note too that also in the interest of hygiene the play park at the back of the church will not be reopened yet.
- We would ask you to talk to people outside in the carpark while respecting social distancing or keep spread out in the auditorium.
- We celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday.
What about other Meetings?
- Wednesday Night Prayer time and Adult Sunday School studying John’s Gospel will remain on Zoom.
- The Study group doing “From Dust to Glory” will be able to meet in Hope House should they wish to do so.
- The Student Youth Ministry will also remain online. The eldership will keep all of these matters under regular review. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to any of the elders or Pastor Chris.
May the Lord bless us and keep us, enabling us to reflect the hope that we have in Christ, who is the Light of the World at all times and in all places. Every Blessing in Christ, The Eldership of Hope Church Presbyterian.
The morning service will be in person and livestreamed at the same time this Sunday at 10:30 am. For the livestreaming the link is: https://www.facebook.com/Hope4Tampa. If you also have a Facebook account you can share the link when you are watching and all your friends online will see it and may watch. The audio and video is also posted on our website under resources. A reminder along with the Order of Service will be sent out each Saturday
Join us everyday Monday to Friday for prayer. It has been a huge blessing as a real moment of sanity in these strange days. Click on the link to join us from 7:30 am for around 30 mins though you may stay for 5 mins or whatever suits your daily schedule. It will be lovely to see you and to pray briefly with you.
Wednesday Prayer Meeting: Please join us every Wednesday at 7:00 pm on zoom for a time of prayer.
Sunday Morning Study Group on John’s Gospel: This is meeting via zoom at 9:00 am each Sunday. Contact the office for the zoom details.
Home Groups: These meet by Zoom or in person depending on the group. If you would like to join in online with any one of them please get in touch with Jessica through the church office or with Chris. They are a great way to see and chat to each other.
Grace and Peace to you all,